I got an email the other day from Philippa in Queensland. Sadly her father had away and she was looking to find a home for his rather lovely Series 1 Morgan.
As I glanced through the pictures that she had sent me, it dawned on me that I had met Philippa’s father and this Morgan at the 2013 Gympie Muster and the car made a big impression on me then along with its elderly, immaculately turned out driver. I dug back thru my files and found this picture of my green Plus 4 parked along side the blue Series 1 in question. The red Flat Rad in the picture belongs to VICMOG members Brian and Kerry.
So here are the details if you would like to give this beautiful Morgan a home.
1949 Morgan 4-4 Series 1
Price : $45,000 o.n.o
- Original 1267cc ‘Standard Special’ overhead valve motor (OHV)
- 77.4 cui advertise power, 29.8W/ 40 brake hp, torque 86Nm/63lb-ft
- accelerations: 0-60mph 23.3s
- weight 735kg/1620lbs
- Rear wheel drive, manual 4 speed Moss gearbox
- Car N° 52 off production line, Chasis N° JDG 9737
- Fully restored in 2002, and final service and outfitting by Morgan garage
- registration to 09/16 LKP 766 (original UK Plates)
- Imported to Australia 2012
- 32095 miles on the clock
- New tyres, twin spare wheel
The series 1 Morgan 4-4 Roadster was produced in limited number from 1936-1950, this wonderful example is fitted with its original Standard Special 1260cc overhead valve engine ( the Special engines were built by Standard Motor Corp for a short time and only for Morgan cars), 4 speed Moss gearbox and famous Morgan sliding pillar front suspension. This example is genuine car it runs and drives exceptionally well. The series 1 Morgan is a rare car, this restored example is a great investment for any car enthusiast.
Featured article on this car:http://www.mister-cars.com/Article/1949-Morgan-4-4-Review/1790/
Contact : Philippa Ph : 0402 317 042 or firstname.lastname@example.org